Western/European Physician – Neuro-Ophthalmologist (KSA)
Age: not older than 55;
Location: Riyadh – Saudi Arabia
Education: Board certification, specialist training completed;
Nationality: Western European (preferred), Spanish, South African;
Desired Candidate Profile
- Board – certified in Ophthalmology or neurology in the country of origin (American FRCS or equivalent);
- Undergone training in Neuro- Ophthalmology Fellowship Program or ‘’evidence of at least 5 years in handling patients with neuropathologic problems for those board certified in Neurology.’’
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience after the specialization;
- Must qualify to be classified as a Consultant by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialities;
- The candidate must have demonstrated clinical excellence and have a record in teaching and research;
- Candidates from Spain and South America can be considered;
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising the administrative and medical services of Ophthalmology department.
- Participating in the Continuing Medical Education Program.
- Maintaining and improving the high-quality service for Ophthalmology patients.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the hospital’s policy and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits
- Basic salary per month: up to USD 12,000 – this can be exceeded subject to the experience/education
- Non-monetary benefits:
- Housing – Villa is provided in a compound, next to the hospital;
- No allowance for education (Children);
- Thirty-Six (36) calendar days of Paid Vacation per contract year,
- Ten (10) days scientific leave including travel days per contract year;
- Five (5) days professional leave + Four (4) travel days per contract year;
- Family/Accompanied Employment Contract Status;
- Twelve (12) Months Initial Contract – Renewable;
- Free Utilities, including local Phone calls;
- Free and Extensive Recreational Facilities in a safe environment;
- Free Healthcare available including authorized dependents;
- Mobilization and Repatriation Airline Tickets (Business Class) including authorized dependents (spouse and 2 eligible children only);
- Annual Airline ticket (Business Class) to Point of Hire or equivalent including authorized dependents (spouse and 2 eligible children only);
- End of Service Award;
Our client is a renowned Hospital in KSA which has 1,689 full-time employees, including 279 nurses and 89 physicians. With the growth and expansion of the ambulatory surgical centres number of inpatient beds at the hospital has been reduced to 243. In 2017, around 228,669 patient visits occurred in the outpatient department, 16,293 patient visits to the emergency room, and around 24,020 surgical procedures were performed in the operating theatre. Its vision is to be a centre of excellence in providing best specialized ophthalmic care worldwide.